“Wolveridge Architects is a medium sized architectural studio that is internationally recognised for its highly considered projects and how they integrate with their environments. We are interested in exploring ideas surrounding context and how it can inform the design response.
The practice was established in Melbourne in 2000 by its principal architect and director, Jeremy Wolveridge, following his extended periods of travel and working for some years as an architect with established firms in London and Port Douglas.
The practice headquarters are located within Building No.2 in Collingwood, Melbourne’s inner city post-industrial precinct. Wolveridge Architects retains a regional presence in Port Douglas, far north Queensland and are registered to practice also in Tasmania and Western Australia.
The work of the practice is characterised by the following key principles:
• To assist the Client in establishing a budget, not just for the building works, but the total project cost
• A commitment to understanding the Client’s requirements for a project and, where it is not clear, to carry out a creative and thorough briefing process
• In depth investigation of the context of the site and local precinct, its physical, cultural, historical and social attributes
• Responding to the context of the site in a dynamic manner that is both relevant and appropriate
• Creating a built form that is sophisticated and enriches the lives of its occupants
• Remain conscious of design principles which include consideration of the material palette, use of natural and artificial light and the manner in which a building’s elements are connected
• Incorporate passive environmentally sustainable design principles
• Apply a deep understanding of the practical application and technical expertise which has evolved over numerous collective years of experience in fields that include construction, project management, civil construction and engineering disciplines in addition to the traditional skills of the architect which contribute to well resolved and buildable projects
Since commencing practice, Wolveridge Architects has undertaken over two hundred commissions for a broad range of clients and project types.
The collective construction value of projects completed on site exceeds $200m AUD.
Based on the experience of the practice and projects completed, our core expertise in project types includes:
• Highly considered individual residential projects – alterations and new dwellings
• Boutique scale multi-residential and mixed-use projects
• Specialist hospitality projects including a craft brewery
• Adaptive re-use and heritage projects – both commercial and residential”